Controversies have continued to trail the comments about the First Lady, Aisha Buhari in an interview with BBC Hausa where she said cabals had hijacked Buhari’s government.
However, below are five takeaways from the said interview that has left some people’s mouths wide open in astonishment.
1. “Some people are sitting down in their homes, folding their arms only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position.”
2. “The president does not know 45 out of 50, for example, of the people he appointed and I don’t know them either, despite being his wife of 27 years.”
3. “You will know them [the people who hijacked Buhari’s government) if you watch television.”
4. “I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again.”
On whether the president was in charge, she said:
5. “That is left for the people to decide.”